Monday, April 4, 2016

Week 11 Learning Challenges: Being Present

This week I chose to look at attention memes because I feel like recently I have been less focused. I chose this meme because it becomes a real problem when we cannot let go of our phones to be present with he people we are with. I usually try to stay off my phone in classes so that I can process the information given, but sometimes I forget when I am with friends or family. This post was a reminder to pay attention when I am with other people. When I was in high school my friends and I used to play a game when we were out to dinner. Everyone would put their phones int he center of the table, and whoever touched their's first had to pay for everyones dinner. As you can imagine no one wanted to be responsible for that, so no one touched their phones. It was a great way to get everyone focused on the present, and the people they were with.
The Paradox of Presence
From Laura Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment