Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Week 11 Reading Diary: Alice in Wonderland


This week I chose to read Alice in Wonderland because it was one of my favorite movies as a child. I had never actually read the book, so this was a really fun first half of the week for me!  For this weeks reading diary post I was thinking about changing up the scene where she falls down the rabbit hole. It is very iconic for this book, and I wanted to see if I could tweak it until it was my own. I like the idea of my character wandering through a field, and hearing chatter at the bottom of a well. This would lead her into looking over, and instead of following the rabbit it would push her down the well. I still want the fall to be long, but instead of just thinking about how long the fall is I want my character to see things on the way down. I was thinking about how in the original Willy Wonka they go through the tunnel, and there are scenes projected onto the sides. I wanted to incorporate this without it being scary, though. Maybe she would see characters from what she is about to encounter. First would be the Cheshire cat, and he would just suddenly vanish as he has a way of doing. Next she would see the mad hatter as he was doing a funny little dance (from the newer movie). Finally she would see the red queen, and would get a sense of how awful she is. When she finally reached the bottom all of this would feel like a dream, so she would tend to have a little Déjà vu when she actually encounters them.
Alice in Wonderland
From Cea

No comments:

Post a Comment