Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Week 12 Reading Diary: The Ape and her Two Brats


This week I chose to read Aesop’s fables, instead of continuing with Alice because I wanted to change it up a little bit. I found one story I really liked in particular which was The Ape and Her Two Brats. I really liked the irony of how she doted so much on her one child, and that ended up being that child’s demise. Instead of having one of the children actually dying in my story I want them to end up failing at everything he does in life. This will show that since everything has been done for him or handed to him he will not know how to survive on his own. The other child, however, will be incredibly successful. He will end up being the leader of the pack because of his wit and ability to come up with solutions to problems no one else could. Since this child had been neglected he had to do everything on his own, and find creative solutions to problems that his brother would just have mommy solve for him. It will show how coddling and smothering rarely pay off in the future for these children. They end up getting into situations that they cannot always fix. I will have the unsuccessful one living at home because he was never able to leave home for long enough to find a job or go to school even. At the end it will be a tragic fate for the coddled one because his mother will see that his brother is being extremely successful and switch her favor to him. The other will end up alone because his mother kicked him out after all this.

Apes
From Wiki Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment