Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Week 11 Reading diary Continued: The Queen's Croquet-Ground


For the second half of the unit of Alice in Wonderland I really like the scene where the cards messed up and are painting the roses red. Another of my favorites is the croquet ground where they use strange animals to play. I think I would like to take the croquet scene and change the game possibly to lacrosse or another sport with a lot of equipment. I would change the animals as well. I would have my character come to a field that had random marking in every which way, so that you couldn’t tell where you were supposed to shoot or anything. The sticks they would use would be little monkeys instead, so that they were able to catch the balls. They would not be very cooperative, and would insist on climbing all over. Once she got her monkey straightened out it would let out a big howl and frighten her into dropping it. Then she would have to chase her monkey to reclaim it, and start this entire process all over again. As for what would be used as the ball, I was thinking that a frog would be a good choice. It is small and somewhat round. It would also be great if it would just hop all over the field, and I would also have more than one in the mix. This goes along with the mass chaos from the original story to keep my own similar. The queen would have a way of easily scoring, and making up rules so that she would win.
(illustration by Sir John Tenniel)

No comments:

Post a Comment